**And just an FYI: if you see a book listed on my blog that is part of a series, just go ahead and assume that I've read all the books, or am working on reading ALL the books within that series. I may not always list them on here but trust me - they were read.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Memoirs of A Scandalous Red Dress

Author: Elizabeth Boyle
http://www.elizabethboyle.com/

I wasn't really looking to read a romance novel. Most of the time I think they are really cheesy. But this book was a suggested read out of the back of one the books I really enjoyed so I thought I'd give it a try. I was suprised to find I actually enjoyed the story.

I don't really know where to start so I think I'll just post what the author wrote on the back of the book. Maybe once I read a couple more of these type books I'll know where to begin...

What if all you have are the memories of a rake.... and the scandalous red dress that nearly brought you to ruin? Reminders of the kisses he stole? Or his seductive, rakish smile as he charmed his way into your bed, stole your innocence and your heart? To proper and respectable Philippa, Lady Gosset, such memories are best locked away. At least so she thinks, until a stranger arrives on her doorstep and offers her a chance to tempt fate once again....to tempt Dash back into her life and quite possibly into her bed....

But the man Pippen loved all those year ago and the man she discovers are hardly the same. Captain Thomas Dashwell has a score to settle with the now-unattached Lady Gossett, the vision in red who has haunted his life for so long - ever since that fateful night when she betrayed him and married another. She's the one woman he's vowed to hate until the end of his days...and the one woman he can never forget.....

No comments:

Post a Comment