**And just an FYI: if you see a book listed on my blog that is part of a series, just go ahead and assume that I've read all the books, or am working on reading ALL the books within that series. I may not always list them on here but trust me - they were read.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Anita Blake Series

Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
http://www.laurellkhamilton.org/

I would list the books in this series - but there is more than 15 of them so if you want to see them all check out her website above. As of right now I'm on book number eight...and I have loved them all.

Anita Blake is just your typical 20 something making a living. She is an animator. She raises the dead for a living. You know, people who died before making a will and the family members left behind need one - or the police need to know who killed you if you were murdered. Anita does her share to help those in need. She is VERY good at what she does. She is a necromancer. Someone with an affinity for death. She is also called "The Executioner." She is a licensed vampire killer (as long as it's legal with all the proper warrants and such..you know, since the vampire are currently considered living things).

Anita doesn't like to go out after dark, but when she has too, she goes armed and dangerous. In the first book she has to go to a Vampire Strip Bar called Guilty Pleasures. Jean-Claude, the vampire who owns the bar, knows what Anita is. Necromancer and all. She's meet him before. He is very powerful, so she doesn't look him in the eyes. He could take over her mind if she did. But lesser vampires....she could stare at all day. Most of that protection is because of her affinity, and part is just being an animator. She is at the bar for a bachlerette party for her best friend. A vampire at the bar tries to take over a lady's mind. Although it's for fun - she is not a willing participant, which is against the law. The vampire is question uses magic on the rest of the audience, so they don't have the ability to see what Anita does. She makes a decision that may backfire on her. She confronts the vampire, in front of everyone. The fact that he can't use his mind games on her is what saves her.....at least until later.

I cannot tell you how much I have enjoyed ALL of these books. I get lost in them so easily. It's great. I would tell you about each book I've read, but they all kind of run together since I didn't write this blog after everyone. But please take my word...they are fascinating.

And just so you know, each book is it's own story so you don't HAVE to read them in order. But you will miss out on some character development if you skip around.

Have Fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment