**And just an FYI: if you see a book listed on my blog that is part of a series, just go ahead and assume that I've read all the books, or am working on reading ALL the books within that series. I may not always list them on here but trust me - they were read.

Monday, February 8, 2010

The Silver Kiss

Author: Annette Curtis Klause

I do believe Stephenie Meyer would have found some inspiration from this book if she had read it. Which she may have, but I don't know for sure. Originally published in 1992, it was re-released in 2009 with a new cover and two more short stories focused on Simon (the vampire) and Zoe (the pretty girl).

Zoe's mom is on her death bed because of cancer. Her dad is spending all his time at the hospital which leaves Zoe alone for a lot of the time. Simon, a 300 year old vampire has come to town to hunt down an "evil" vampire, who happened to be his brother. So the story unfolds with teenage drama at every corner. Zoe comes across older for her age than most so she is who Simon finds irresistible to be around. Soon enough he breaks down and tells Zoe exactly what he is and she finds herself willing to help him hunt down his brother. What else does she have to lose anyway?? Her mom is dying and her dad doesn't know she exists.

I was really surprised reading this book. It was a very fast and enjoyable read. I highly recommend it. I already have requested more books by this author and am waiting patiently for them to become available.

And as a side note, this book has won several Best Book Awards. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment