**And just an FYI: if you see a book listed on my blog that is part of a series, just go ahead and assume that I've read all the books, or am working on reading ALL the books within that series. I may not always list them on here but trust me - they were read.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

If I Stay

Author: Gayle Forman
http://www.ifistay.com/

Just a warning. If you've ever had family that has been in the ICU or have been in a coma, then this book will be more to you than if you've never had to experience that. That being said - since I've had experience in this life with my brother being in a coma and being rushed off periodically for brain surgery's and such.....I absolutely thought this book was GREAT.

This story is about the life of Mia. It starts the day of the accident that killed the rest of her family. Now she is left behind in a "ghostly" state trying to figure out why she is being held here the way she is and reminiscing about her life with her laid back parents and her little brother.

I feel kinda silly telling you this - but it did make me cry at certain spots. But like I said, I've been through something like this for real - so it made me remember what it all felt like. I highly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment