**And just an FYI: if you see a book listed on my blog that is part of a series, just go ahead and assume that I've read all the books, or am working on reading ALL the books within that series. I may not always list them on here but trust me - they were read.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Body Finder

Author: Kimberly Derting


Alright, so I found this book off a Fan Page on Facebook. It's a new book that just came out this year and it's a GREAT read. It's about a girl named Violet who can sense dead bodies. Although that sounds really creepy - it's not a "dark" book. Her special sense extends to any dead body, human or animal. She calls what she senses "echos". And apparently her ability only extends to those who are murdered.

When she was eight, she found a little girl in the woods while on a walk with her father. She handled it fairly well - and apparently this ability runs in her family. Since then only her close family and her best friend, Jay, know what she can do. But when girls suddenly start disappearing and end up murdered, all Vi wants to do is help - no matter the cost.

This is more of a love story than anything. I highly enjoyed this book and I think you will too. Go on and order this book at your local library. I'm pretty sure once people find out about this author the wait for this book will increase. :)  And there is a sequel coming out March 2011 - although when she ended the first book, she didn't leave you hanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment