**And just an FYI: if you see a book listed on my blog that is part of a series, just go ahead and assume that I've read all the books, or am working on reading ALL the books within that series. I may not always list them on here but trust me - they were read.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Meredith Gentry Series

Author: Laurell K. Hamilton

A Kiss of Shadows
A Caress of Twilight
Seduced by Moonlight
A Stroke of Midnight
Mistral's Kiss
A Lick of Frost
Swallowing Darkness
Divine Misdemeanors

Alright....so here is another series provided by one of my all time favorite authors. Meredith Gentry is a private investigator. But more importantly she is a Faerie Princess. She disappeared from faerie a few years ago in order to try and loose herself in the human realm. Between her father's murder, her Aunt (Queen of Air and Darkness) trying to drown her when she was little and her Uncle (King of Light and Illusion) rejecting her from the Seelie Court she doesn't regret the choice to leave. But after being outed by her crazy cousin Cel (and by that I mean almost being murdered) she has no choice but to return. Her Aunt offers her the opportunity of a lifetime. A race, between herself and Cel. Whomever gets with child first can have the crown.

Now....Meredith will have her troubles. Being a half-breed, not everyone will agree to having her as their Queen. But her father did not leave her without knowledge. Her political knowledge will serve her well, sometimes even better then her guards can. So far I have read the first four from this series and absolutely love them. Mistral's Kiss is waiting for me on my nightstand...

Be warned, if you're not into fantasy or romance novels then this series is probably not for you. Seeing as how it's all about getting Meredith pregnant or killing whatever is trying to kill her before it does. Just fair warning. I however, will read ALL of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment