**And just an FYI: if you see a book listed on my blog that is part of a series, just go ahead and assume that I've read all the books, or am working on reading ALL the books within that series. I may not always list them on here but trust me - they were read.

Monday, January 4, 2010

House of Night series

  • Authored by: P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast
  • Warnings: Language, Sexuality, Religion smack-talk
  • Elementary School Readable: No
  • Middle School Readable: No (not my imaginary child)
  • High School Readable: Yes, you may want to have discussions
  • College Readable: Yes
  • Website: http://www.houseofnightseries.com/
If you're over vampyres, this is not the series for you. If you're up for a new spin on the same old game, this is a very swift read that you'll find difficult to put down. I read 3/4 of each book in the evening, and then the last 1/4 in the morning before work...and I read two in one weekend day.

This is very much a coming-of-age series. The heroine spends her high school years transitioning from a regular human into a vampyre and then into one of the most powerful vampyres ever.

We've read Marked, Betrayed, Chosen, Untamed, Hunted, and Tempted, and we're currently waiting for the next one to be published in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment