**And just an FYI: if you see a book listed on my blog that is part of a series, just go ahead and assume that I've read all the books, or am working on reading ALL the books within that series. I may not always list them on here but trust me - they were read.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Gone

Author: Lisa McMann
Part of the Wake Trilogy

I know I haven't been writing in here a lot the past two months. But just so you know, it's because I've been reading the books within a series (mostly the Anita Blake Novels..which has like 18 books total) and I've already written about the first few of them. I figure if you like the first couple you'll keep on reading them so I don't do a "review" of the rest. And also it's summer break, so between swim lessons, summer camp and movies - it's kinda hard to get reading in as much as I used to. But I do still read - just not as much, which makes me sad :( . Now, on to the review.

So a couple months ago I read the first and second books in the Wake Trilogy. They are fairly small in comparison to what I normally read, and since it had been a while since I read them I figured I'd do the review on this book even though it's part of a series. Gone is the last book in the set.

Janie is a dream catcher. She has the ability to walk in people dreams and change them if they ask for help. Only problem is she can get sucked into them at any time. She has to put up guards in order to stay out of people dreams. In fact she can't even drive because someone in a house that's on the same street she travels down may be taking a nap and she can get sucked into it. In the last book Janie learned from a fellow dream catcher, that the more she uses her ability the more her body will deteriorate. By the age of 30 she could be blind and no longer have the use of her hands.

Cabel, Janie's boyfriend, is still by her side. Janie knows he's scared about their future. It's REALLY evident in his dreams, though she doesn't tell him that. Janie has a huge decision to make. Should she stay living with her mom and helping out the police as she's been doing using her gift. Or should she tell Cabel goodbye and live all alone without the chance to sucked into dreams unexpectedly??

Well it seems she makes her choice, until she finds her mom at a hospital. Only her mom isn't there for herself (although she is an alcoholic). Apparently Janie's father, the one who abandoned them, is in the hospital. She goes there to see him, but she gets sucked into one of the worst dreams she'll ever see....her fathers. Uncertain about her feelings toward her father, Cabel, her mom, her life, Janie seeks out to find herself the path she thinks will give her the best life.

This book is a quick and easy read. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment