**And just an FYI: if you see a book listed on my blog that is part of a series, just go ahead and assume that I've read all the books, or am working on reading ALL the books within that series. I may not always list them on here but trust me - they were read.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Awakened: House of Night Novel


Authors: P.C Cast + Kristen Cast

Alright, for those of you out there who do not know, this is the eighth book in the series. I started this series a while ago and was hooked right off the bat. It's got vampires, love, power, loss....everything you could want. However; with this last book they kinda let me down. Don't get me wrong, I'll still read when the next book comes out, but I will not be waiting first in line this time. And that kinda pains me a little to say, seeing as how my neighbor and I dressed and Zoey and Stevie Rae for Halloween (yes, I know we are in our 30's and to old to be playing dress up by most peoples standards, but it's fun and you should try it)

I have waited over a week to write this "review" thinking maybe I was just in a bad mood or something when I read it, that maybe with time I'd like it more. But I still feel that same way so here I am.

This book "continues" (I use the word lightly) with the story of Zoey Redbird and her fight with "evil" forces. It brings Zoey love she never knew, loss she never knew and she finds new strengths within herself and her friends. The part that disappointed me was that by the end, we are practically EXACTLY where we left of from book seven. Most of this book could have been stripped and told within a few chapters and we all would have gotten the point, and more importantly, gotten more of a story.

Anyway....now that's over with, the series is a really fun young adult novel series. Give it a shot. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment