**And just an FYI: if you see a book listed on my blog that is part of a series, just go ahead and assume that I've read all the books, or am working on reading ALL the books within that series. I may not always list them on here but trust me - they were read.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Chosen : An Anna Strong, Vampire Novel

Author: Jeanne C. Stein

This is the sixth book in the Anna Strong novels. I'd tell you when I read the others, only I can't remember. It's been a while obviously. :)

I know this is yet another book about a female heroine who is a vampire - but it's a great one. If you've ever read anything by Kim Harrison (Rachel Morgan Series), Laurell K. Hamilton (Anita Blake and Merry Gentry Series), or Charlaine Harris (Sookie Stackhouse Series, aka True Blood on HBO) you are going to LOVE Jeanne C. Stein, absolutely no doubt in my mind.

It's almost been a year since Anna was attacked and turned into a vampire. She hasn't quit her day job as a bounty hunter. She really loves the illusion of being human and having a job and whatnot. But she's noticed that some of her "vampire" abilities are getting harder to control. With the anniversary of her turning looming around the corner she's getting nervous. SO many other vampire and other supernatural beings believe that she is The Chosen One. The ONE who will determine the role vampire's will play for the next 200 years in society. Will she let them run crazy on mankind and have them be the Gods so many of them believe themselves to be, or will she keep them where they are and keep trying to assimilate into a human society?

Anna is just as confused as to why she was chosen for this role. Why her? What makes her so special that she can walk through fire and not go up like a candle?? And is there a subconscious reason she can't tell Lance that she loves him?? I happen to think yes, there is.

Alright....I have to tell you that Jeanne C. Stein is one of my favorite authors. Please go check out her work, you won't regret it.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment